We have provided the links below as a reference tool for starting web-based research for general information purposes only. We are trying to provide helpful links; however, we cannot and do not endorse or recommend the content of any of the linked sites. We cannot promise you that the information on any of the linked sites is honest and accurate. It is provided for your convenience only.
Keep in mind that legal problems are complex and that you should only make a decision about your legal situation after consulting an experienced and licensed attorney following a full discussion of the facts of your particular case.
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Consumer Credit Counseling of America
- Consumer Reports Online
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- United States House of Representatives
- United States Senate
- Free advice.com
- Celebrities who have filed bankruptcy
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- National Association of Consumer Attorneys
- Credit Counseling Agencies
- Debtor Education Counseling
Use Attorney Code: LG3330
Free Credit Report
Free Tax Transcripts
These books on bankruptcy are available online or at many local bookstores.
- Consumer Bankruptcy: The Complete Guide to Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Personal Bankruptcy, by Henry J. Sommer
- Personal Bankruptcy and Debt Readjustment: A Step by Step Guide, Kenneth J. Doran, K. J. Doran
- Credit after Bankruptcy: A Step by Step Guide, Stephen Snyder
- Debt Free: Your Guide to Personal Bankruptcy Without Shame, James P. Caher, John M. Caher